photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Twine Wrapped Bottle

This is my second installment of my MOPS craft series.

I had given a little talk about frugal living and I thought there was no better craft than giving new life to an old thing!

Enter….the twine (or for MOPS, yarn) wrapped bottles.



I had each mom bring her own jar or bottle (I used a salsa jar) to wrap and I provided the following:

Hot Glue Gun
Rubber Cement
Yarn (or twine)
Flowers




Start by putting a strip of hot glue on the bottom ring. You want to make sure it sticks well.


Then use the rubber cement to wrap the rest of the bottle.
It's less expensive and it won't burn your fingers!


I then used hot glue on the top of the jar to ensure it wasn't going to unravel.


Glue some grass or moss around the top of the ring and then fill with seasonal flowers.
I love this because it can be changed out for each season.

Right now I'm loving it filled will bright colored poppies.




9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this idea! I have got to try it:) I just need to find the perfect little bottle. I am totally pinning it:)

PS I would love to invite you to share this or any of your other favorite posts at Freedom Fridays blog Hop:)
(no rules) So hoping to see you there.

PSS following via Facebook and Linky

Unknown said...

Cute Jars!!! I twine wrapped shelves a while back. Boy, my fingers were burnt for awhile ;). I came by from Just Us Four's bog hop. Following via GFC. Come by sometime.

Mycharmingcolors said...

Thats super cute!

Carrie Symes said...

Those are so cute! I love this idea!

Carrie said...

Super cute...what a great fall decoration!

ellalogy said...

Hi Bethany! Just discovered your blog through the Sunday Blog Hop hosted by Blissful & Domestic, and it's so adorable and relatable! I was curious and read your "about me" page and as a newlywed myself who got married before I expected to I could really identify with your story! I'm following you now, feel free to stop by my blog and say hello!

x Ellie @ Ellalogy 
deborah lippmann/fresh giveaway

Unknown said...

what a great idea! i'll have to try this out! New follower from the blog hop :)

Unknown said...

New follower here from the Sunday Blog Hop! I am loving your blog.

www.littlegems3.blogspot.com

Holly said...

I love that vase! So cute! :)
Dropping by from the Live Laugh Rowe blog hop. :)